La Selva Positano
La Selva is an oasis of tranquility and wellbeing amidst the beautiful landscapes of the Amalfi Coast, where people exist immersed in nature beneath the olive trees. On this uncontaminated hill facing the ocean between Montepertuso and Positano, nature reigns. La Selva is reachable on foot from Positano (30 minutes uphill) and Montepertuso (20 minutes downhill) by means of footpaths that wind amidst the olive and lemon trees, green terraces, and rocky slopes. At La Selva you will be able to walk along stunning paths to Positano’s beautiful beaches, practice rock climbing, or visit the surrounding areas including Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast. During the summer a swimming pool is available, and for indoor entertainment there is a wi-fi connection and a movie projector.
At La Selva you can experience the pleasure of leading an ecologically compatible lifestyle, following a program developed to promote respect for nature and satisfy the desires of a healthy body and spirit. Each soul at La Selva goes always very far, projected beyond the horizon of the immense ocean and up in the sky; it talks to its great friends the Sun and the Moon who offer their vital company.
The guiding principles of La Selva are:
- developing a self-sustained environment, cultivation and maintenance of the land according to organic principles, using clean and renewable energy, recycling trash and grey water, and using eco-friendly detergents for the sake of the rural environment and culture;
- contributing to the development of a sensible rehabilitation program to promote respect for nature through adventure tours, rock climbing excursions, and boat excursions;
- contributing to the physical and spiritual development of associates and guests through theater and film classes, meditation, yoga, painting, drawing, and photography.
The main protagonist at La Selva is nature, magical and uncontaminated queen, who manifests herself with daily enchantments.
Besides the Selvatici, the wild-people, the great queen Selva hosts many sweet animals that come and go undisturbed, happy to live in this corner of enchanted beauty. There are many birds, including owls and hawks. When the baby hawks are born, you can see them try their first uncertain flights, following mom and dad down the tall cliffs.
Other wild animals living at La Selva are hedgehogs, foxes, geckos, small snakes, frogs and insects of all kind. Also resident are domesticated animals: Luna, the sly dog; Palino, the gypsy cat; Shanti, the princess cat; the little rabbit Fiorellino; the seven hens with their daily seven eggs; Ciciona, a she donkey from Sardinia; and Cirillo, the most beautiful donkey in the world.
One of the most important times at la Selva is the olive harvest, which usually takes place in mid October. There are about 250 olive trees, some centennial.
THE YOGA SPACE
There are two platforms for yoga: one is 6 x 8 meters, covered, and one is 5 x 10 meters, uncovered. Yoga mats, blocks and belts are provided.
TOURS & ACTIVITIES
At La Selva you will be able to walk along stunning paths to Positano’s beautiful beaches, practice rock climbing, or visit the surrounding areas, which include Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast. During the summer a swimming pool is available, and for indoor entertainment there is a wi-fi connection and a movie projector.
All food production at La Selva is organic, including the various jams produced by Marta. On Saturday, a great day to rest, fresh bread and pizza are baked in the wood stove. You will be able to relax and enjoy tasteful dishes prepared with ingredients freshly cultivated from the land, including olive oil, jams, vegetables, and fruit. There is a great variety of plants in the garden, including cucumbers, zucchinis, cluster beans, and a whole section dedicated to Indian spices. In the three hectares around the property there are many fruit trees, such as lemons, oranges, figs, and others. In the springtime the land is rich in medicinal and wild plants like verbena, myrtle, and others, which are used to prepare skin lotions and herbal teas.
Great weather for retreats begins in May through September. June and September temperatures are in the 70s. In August and July temperatures are in the 80s and 90s.
ACCOMMODATION & SERVICES
Available accommodations include:
- 1 large room with 3 single beds on a loft, a double bed, 2 single beds downstair and private bathroom (total 6 or 7 people)
- 1 family room with one double bed, one bunk bed, one single bed and private bathroom (total 4 or 5 people)
- room with 2 double beds, usually used as double, can host up to 4 people, shared bath (total 2 to 4 people)
- room with a double and a single bed, usually used as double, can have up to 3 people, shared bath (total 2 to 3 people)
- 1 large tent with one single mattress, sheets and towels like a room (for 1 person)
- 1 very large tent (4 x 3 meters, quite tall) with two single beds, table and chairs, veranda, electric power (total 2 people)
- tent camping space available at no additional cost in one of the many beautiful terraces shadowed by the olive trees
Max number of people: 18 (this is the most number of people that the yoga platform can accommodate including the teacher)